10.26.2005

rain drops aren't falling on my head

it's raining cats and dogs. ok, not cats. my cat is at home, probably all curled up on a chair, warm and sleepy. i, though, had to dodge big rain drops falling from the trees and sky. ick. i ransacked the apartment looking for my little friend. no, not that friend. for my umbrella. and not just any umbrella. a black hammacher schlemmer wind-defying 44" auto-open stick umbrella with a life-time guarantee. it retains its shape in winds of up to 35 miles per hour thanks to its patented vented mesh system. but somehow i couldn't find it, so i grabbed todd's camel-colored walgreens umbrella and braved the ever-increasing raindrops. miraculously, i survived, and so did my hair. phew. but how great it would be to be a cat today, minus the seafood and poulty diet and habit of licking oneself instead of taking real showers. and there's that whole walking around in just your fur thing.

No comments: