i'm approaching my first full day of recovery following knee surgery, and it sounds like it went well. a little trimmed meniscus here, a little tissue issue over there. i'm all situated on the couch, ready to drift off into some kind of hazy sleep. i vicodined last night, and it helped, but i woke up all fuzzy feeling, although that may have been since alphie slept under my chin most of the night. some challenges associated with post-surgery recovery:
1. no full showers until the middle of next week. this will lead me to having to contort 2/3's of my body in the shower while todd holds onto my left leg outside of the tub.
2. if i drop something, i'm screwed, unless the dropped something is big. then i can use my crutches like chopsticks.
3. vh1 actually shows videos in the early AM. great! but thumbs down: they're showing robin thicke, who sports the same pumpkin head as his dad, alan. ack! and did i mention that he croons like a girl? dude, get some balls.
4. dizziness and nausea. my sister forewarned me of this, so i'm making sure to wear running shorts (not that i can run 'cuz i can't. but i can hobble!), and i put my cell phone in the pocket whenever i get up. just in case i collapse in the closet. then i can call to alphie, and he can drag me to safety. or at least nibble my toes until i wake up in a puddle of my own drool.
5. i now have 3 separate pairs of crutches. one from spraining my ankle in august of 2002, one from knee incident september 2006, and now one from arthroscopic adventure 2007. maybe if i get artistic in a vicodin/keflex/aspirin/ginger ale haze, i can create some kind of unique crutch art, complete with ace bandages, empty pill bottles, and blue painter's tape (since this stuff can fix anything, even my ethernet cable).