8.07.2005

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away

I know when I get back to San Francisco this week, everyone's going to ask where my tan is. What most non-Floridians don't realize is that South Florida has some of the worst summer weather. It's excessively hot (yesterday was 95 degrees), extremely humid (extra Bumble & Bumble Defrizz is useless), and it rains. Every day. For at least 3 hours. And it thunders and pours. And floods. Lots.

I worked at a 9-week day camp 2 summers in a row here, and the outdoor activities like ropes course, paddle boats, and soccer were fun, plus they wore the kids out. Until it rained. For 3 hours. Everyday. Then we'd all have to do stationary activities like arts & crafts and movies. How can "movies" be an activity for 7 year olds? It's more like "young children locking themselves in auditorium bathroom stall to test counselor's patience level" activity. I crawled under the stall way to many times to count. Could very well explain chronic knee problem.

Yesterday at 6PM (Friday it was 11AM, Thursday I think it was sometime in the afternoon), huge black clouds rolled in and now it's pouring. Don't believe that my trip wasn't all triangle bikinis, shark attacks, and sand stuck to my ass? Here are some pictures to prove it.

No comments: