7.17.2006

do si do your partner round...

i have 2 birthdays that are coming up. not mine personally, but 2 birthdays to shop for, which means i need to rack my brain about gifts. one is todd's, and he's so non-materialistic that it's tough. at first i was going go take him to fleur de lys, but my wallet just won't allow it. it unzipped itself, yelled obsenities at me, reminded me that chef keller still serves foie gras, and threatened to rip up all my credit cards because i'd go into debt from one night of overblown delicious coma-inducing bliss. as of late may, i was going to get him an mp3 player, but he snuck out last month and bought one without my knowledge, so i'm back at square 1. my mom's birthday is the day after, and this too is a mystery. in the past i've sent flowers, perfume, wine, chocolate... all things that her man-friend should get her. so i've been trying to find something fun yet modern yet hip yet functional and not too mother-ish (red envelope, you're no help. whatsoever.). a purse? she just got me one. a massage? don't know if she ever used the last one she got as a gift. rosemary cooking salts? just gave some to her. at least this time i never left square 1. yet i just feel so... square. without the saddle shoes and ponytail with bangs.

No comments: