SUPPORT OREGON BALLET THEATRE AND KEEP THE ARTS THRIVING IN PORTLAND!
Oregon Ballet Theatre needs to raise $750,000 by June 30 or there's a real possibility that this nationally-acclaimed arts organization will have to shut its doors.
Whether you're a fan of ballet, a supporter of the arts, or a Portland resident, you know how important it is to keep the city's arts and culture alive and thriving. Portland can't afford to lose this institution. The loss would be devastating for the city, even for those who have no interest in ballet. Now is the time to help. There are so many things, both big and small, you can do.
DANCE UNITED Benefit Performance in Support of OBT
1) If you can, write a check or use your credit card to make a contribution. Click here to donate.
2) Buy tickets to the season finale program: RUSH + ROBBINS, featuring Christopher Wheeldon's RUSH and three ballets by American dance icon Jerome Robbins. June 5 - 7 at Keller Auditorium. Call 503.2.BALLET or go online.
3) Buy tickets for DANCE UNITED: A Benefit Performance for Oregon Ballet Theatre, featuring performances by leading dancers from North America's most prestigious dance companies including New York City Ballet, Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, The Joffrey Ballet, The National Ballet of Canada and many more! One night only - June 12 at 7:30pm. Program details here.
Call 503.2.BALLET or buy online.
4) OBT is organizing an online auction to help raise money. Maybe you have something to donate, or maybe you're in the market to buy.
5) Share the message with your friends, family, or coworkers. Tweet for OBT, donate your Facebook Status, post a MySpace Bulletin or write about us on your Blog! Let everyone know OBT is important to you!
For more reading about the company and the dilemma it currently faces, please check out the links below:
THE OREGONIAN ARTICLE 5/28/09
OBT PRESS RELEASE 5/27/09