semi-off-topic: i don't know where i get my list craziness from, but no one else in my family seems to keep lists. or plan more than a week or so in advance. i think it's a regressive trait like blue eyes and blond hair or webbed toes. funny enough, i'm a list-maker and a procrastinator; just because i make lists doesn't mean i follow through on them in a timely manner!
but just like slim shady, mommy's back. back again. i’ve revamped the list, tailoring it towards things i’d like to show her and kevin. my outlook is rosy; if i knock two off of my to-do's, i'll be very, very impressed. plus, todd's mom is visiting sometime in september, so perhaps my list can do double-duty.
- the pirate store aka 826 valencia. because everyone loves pirates, trap doors, and laaaard. aaaargh, matey.
- tartine bakery
- opera in the park is coming up! i’ve never been to an opera, but there’s a right time for everything, right?
- the annual chocolate festival, featuring… pizza.
- tidepooling in pescadero or half moon bay. i think they’ve been, but i don’t care. let’s pet some sea anemones and stroke a starfish.
- buying tons of mochi at benkyodo and sharing each piece four ways.
- tracking down the wild parrots of telegraph hill. squawk.
- hot cookie, making a repeat performance from the original list. no one else makes macaroon boob cookies quite like hot cookie. plus, you can tell everyone you nibbled your boob today. very, very san francisco. and if anyone cares, em split a butch bar with todd last year.
- the cal academy of sciences reopens at the end of next month. family outing!
- the best place to get vegan moon cakes and a perplexed look of confusion- the autumn moon festival!